Random Acts of Kindness Challenge- Month of September!
Wow! I had such a powerful dream last night…. I was out in the evening walking my dogs while the sun was setting and I could actually see the threads that connect us all. There were strings of light everywhere!! And I knew more deeply than ever that I am never alone and that who I am in the world affects every single one of us.
I woke up this morning inspired to do a 30 Random Acts of Kindness Challenge for the month of September! I am doing this within my practice, Soulwave Chiropractic Studio, and thought I’d invite you all too! Giving to others is such a huge part of health and when we make our lives about the WE, we are WEll; when we make our lives about the I, we are Ill.
What can you do today for someone else? However big or small, it doesn’t matter…. JUST DO IT!!
I am committing to 30 days of sharing and caring for others (and every day after that for that matter!) and will post my random acts of kindness every day on my business page to inspire us all to remember to keep giving!
I would LOVE to make this a community endeavor and for those of you who say YES to this to post your acts of kindness as well on my business page (You don’t have to post every day, but you can if you want….the more the better!) Let’s create an incredibly profound field of love and connection this month and forever!
Who’s with me?
The Truth About Chiropractic
How many times have you heard, “My back is out. I need to go see my chiropractor.”? Many, I am sure. Most people think that Chiropractic is about getting rid of back pain. This could not be farther from the truth! Most people go to a Chiropractor to get their pain taken away so that they can go on living their lives, usually in the same way that they were living them before. Here’s the real skinny on this amazing profession we call Chiropractic:
The founder of Chiropractic, D.D, Palmer, was a very spiritual man and magnetic healer in the 1800’s. He said that his purpose and vision for the profession was to “unite man the physical with man the spiritual”. He knew that when we are traumatized our posture shifts into one of defense and survival mode. We are then much less connected to our bodies and breath. We are less able to be compassionate and loving. We make choices that are not in our best interest. When in defense we are also less able to move with passion and inspiration, and cannot create the life that we truly desire. We are simply less connected to our divinity and cannot express the full potential of ourselves. We settle for less than and believe this is just how life is.
Most health care is restorative, meaning it brings the person back to where they were before the symptom, pain or disease. At Soulwave Chiropractic Studio we offer Network Care, which is reorganizational. It has a much different goal and outcome. Reorganizational Healing brings the person back to where they were before the symptom and then helps them evolve way beyond that point. Through this care we teach your nervous system a new language and new strategies to unwind old trauma and tension so that your posture can shift out of defense and into ease. You can then finally see the bigger picture and see how we have been settling in our lives and are ready to make a change and play big! You are done with being comfortable. You know that your soul requires a life in which you are shining your light so brightly and giving your unique gifts so fully to serve humanity that you create the change that is so needed at this time. You understand that the pain or symptom was just your body’s way of letting you know that you are meant for more. You are connected to your divinity and attract more abundance, health, community and all that you truly desire. You then have an abundance of energy so that you can give back and make the changes your soul is demanding of you NOW.
That is what Reorganizational Healing is all about…. increasing the energy in your body to such a high level that you can be who you are meant to be effortlessly, joyfully, and confidently! Doesn’t this sound better than just getting rid of back pain?
Dr. Erin’s Top 10 (plus 1!) Keys To An Amazing Life!
1. Meditate for at least 20 minutes right when you wake up and right before you go to sleep. Focus on your breath and let thoughts pass through until your mind is still. If you have trouble doing this, focus on everything in your life that you are grateful for while you are sitting.
2. Do a weekly or bi-weekly yoga class. Find a class and a teacher that you love and go to class at least once a week. Incorporating a short home practice every day that you don’t go to class or as often as you can is even better!
3. Exercise for at least 20 minutes every day. Getting your heart pumping with cardiovascular exercise increases seratonin and decreases cortisol, creating more energy and less stress.
4. Connect more with those you love. Reach out to friends and family and create quality time with people in your life. The more we feel we are part of something, whether it is an intimate relationship, friendship or community, the more amazing our lives will be!
5. Express creatively. When we express ourselves through dancing, singing, writing, playing music, painting, etc., we are tapping into our soul energy and feel more connected, alive and excited about life!
6. Gratitude, gratitude, gratitude. Take time every day to focus on what you are grateful for in your life. Being grateful magnetizes more amazingness into your life effortlessly! Also, feel grateful for all the things that you want to manifest in your life. Making a list of 10 different things every day helps. See how many days in a row you can go without writing the same gratitude twice!
7. Figure out what your unique gifts are and give them . Sharing our gifts with others creates so much joy. Lighting up the lives of others by you being you is one of the most amazing feelings ever!
8. Play full out. Remember that life wants you to be as amazing as you can be! Set goals, live according to your passion, and go for the gold. You can create whatever kind of life you choose…
9. Get under regular Network Chiropractic Care. Without a shadow of a doubt, my life gets more and more amazing the longer I am under Network Care. Through this care we are able to access higher levels of energy, which allow us to more effortlessly be the amazing beings that we are!
10. Do SRI (SomatoRespiratory Integration) regularly. Through this practice we become aware of, acknowledge, and accept where we are at in any given moment, whether it is suffering or connection with the all. We then get to choose which states of consciousness we want to be in and can experience more freedom and self-empowerment in our lives!
11. Make Your Bed. Life is always more amazing when you are organized and things around you are beautiful!